Franklin Technology Center 's Vocation Institution Progression Scholarship (VIP Scholarship) - $1000 Scholarship - Eligibility for scholarship:
- Complete enrollment and be accepted into a Franklin Tech program.
- Must have completed at least one year of a high school trade/technical program.
- One year from time of high school graduation to enter a trade and tech program at Franklin Tech.
Contact Kay Hobart at Franklin Technology Center @ MSSU 417-625-9865.
Missouri Grants and Scholarships
The Financial Aid Office will notify a student if they are awarded any scholarships by means of the student award letter.
Missouri Higher Education Academic Scholarship (Bright Flight) - These scholarships are only renewable at the current time. A student must meet the following criteria for renewal:
- Be a Missouri resident and a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Enroll as a first-time student and receive the scholarship in the academic year immediately following high school graduation, receipt of your GED, o completion of your secondary coursework, if home-schooled.
- Be attending full-time at a participating Missouri post-secondary institution
- Have a composite score on the ACT or SAT in either:
- the top 3 percent of all Missouri students taking those tests, or
- the top 4th or 5th percentiles of all Missouri students taking those tests.
Access Missouri – Funded through the Missouri Coordinating Board of Higher Education. Application must be made prior to April 1 and eligibility is based on the financial need of the student. The maximum amount is $1000 per award year.
A+ Program – The A+ Program is available for Missouri high school graduates who participated in the A+ Program in high school. At the present time, the A+ Program will cover part of the tuition. Certain items such as supplemental textbooks and supplies are not covered. A student must enroll in a full-time program leading to a certificate at Franklin Technology Center. Thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of class, eligible students must complete an A+ Program Form and file the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA). Please check with the Financial Aid Officer at 417-625-9865 for specific details. If a student does not complete the required number of clock hours for the program and/or does not maintain a 75% grade level he/she will lose eligibility for A+ funding. A+ funding is not guaranteed.
In accordance with the A+ School Program "Last Semester of Certificate/Degree" procedures, the students must sign a letter stating they understand it is their last semester of their A+ reimbursement eligibility and they are taking and attending the appropriate number of hours needed to complete a certificate/degree.
Please note: If a student is eligible for a Federal Pell Grant or any other form of federal assistance that does not require repayment as determined by the FAFSA, these funds will be applied to the student’s FTC account first. Any covered costs that remain will be billed to the A+ program.
Applications may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office and must be completed 30 days prior to the beginning of the program.