Instruction covers basic technical skills of welding. A combination of classroom lectures with demonstrations and lab instruction that includes practical hands-on exercises to give employable skills to the students.
Students will test for the ASME Welder Performance Qualifications exam, which may further assist them with job opportunities.
Areas of Study*:
- Basic safety in the welding lab
- Interpret blueprints
- Operate welding and cutting processes
- Operate grinders
- Oxy-Fuel cutting / welding
- Plasma Arc cutting
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Test / Inspect welds
Entry Level Employment Opportunities
* Instruction subject to change, as determined by FTC.